fot

Re: [Fot] CRC and noise

To: "Greg \"Lunker\" Hilyer" <Lunkercars@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] CRC and noise
From: Bill Babcock <billb@bnj.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 16:08:44 -1000
I assume you are talking about the Portland Historic Races and the
Pacific Northwest Historics which are July 3-5 and July 11-12, not the
Columbia River Classic which is Sept 5-7 since there is no race at
Pacific Raceway the week before the CRC.

The Portland Historic races are an HMSA event, I don't know what noise
control level they'll be working with. You have to get a special
variance to exceed 105 db. A supertrapp is generally plenty. I've run
Peyote with an open exhaust at PIR and not exceeded the limit, but I
was just trying that out to see what worse case was. I run a light
muffler and never have a problem--nothing as restrictive as a
supertrapp.

I don't know what the limit at Pacifc Raceways is, but it's generally
less restrictive than PIR. great track.