fot

Re: [Fot] who worked on their cars this weekend and what did you do?

To: "Steven Belfer" <colordog.1@earthlink.net>, "FOT"
Subject: Re: [Fot] who worked on their cars this weekend and what did you do?
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@spitfire4.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 23:08:18 -0500
Actually I'll probably do it tomorrow. Today I watched my Jayhawks knock off
Dayton and move on to the Sweet Sixteen. Cole Aldrich: Triple Double --
points/rebounds/blocks -- first official one in KU history (Wilt Chamberlain
did it, but that was before such records were officially kept). Last guy to
pull off that version of a triple in the NCAAs was Shaq in 1992.

Just need to finish putting the car back together. First event next weekend.
Got lazy a few weeks ago (actually just got tired of lying on the garage
floor) and took my Spitfire to my favorite auto repair shop to have them
change out the clutch plate and replace a leaky oil seal in the diff. So
much easier when it's up on a lift. And then while I was there I had them
rebuild a leaking brake master cylinder, spot-weld the bracket that holds
the steering column, and they talked me into putting an electric fan on my
radiator (and did it for me). Yeah, like most days in the garage, we had two
jobs on the list and ended up doing five. Now I just have to put the gearbox
cover and the removable part of the rollbar (knee bar) back in.

--Rocky Entriken