fot

Re: [Fot] who worked on their cars this weekend and what did you do?

To: "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] who worked on their cars this weekend and what did you do?
From: "John Macartney" <standardtriumph@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 08:50:47 -0000
My Triumphs are now gone to loving new homes as I couldn't drive them after my
stroke. They were
both too heavy and as my brain was a bit scrambled as well in the early
aftermath days, working on
them also wasn't possible on the grounds of my own and others safety. But
getting rid of them didn't
mean I didn't go without a fun car. This weekend saw me getting it out of the
garage after its
winter layover. We had a wash and polish, and then went for a gentle warm-up
drive with the top down
of about 20 miles around the lanes, admiring the blossoms in an early UK
spring.. No, its not a
Triumph - but the fun factor is there by the truckload. Three cyl 660cc engine,
twin cam, 12 valve,
turbo-charged, five speed and discs all round (with a servo) - and lots of
other goodies. Daren't
drive it at more than 90mph as the speedo isn't round and I'll bend the needle
at 95. Suffice it to
say, that even at that road speed, the car is still accelerating. Yes, its
Japanese but only 25000
were made in total and only 1100 imported into the UK. Its already a classic
and prices are still
holding firm. I love it.

Jonmac