fot

Re: [Fot] Rod bearings

To: "Robert Blake" <rblake36@yahoo.com>, "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Rod bearings
From: "RACER BUD" <budscars@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 20:15:02 -0700
Hello Robert....If it's been a long time since the car has run..don't pound
hard...you might break the rings...You may as well have fun learning to
freshen your engine....The  correct way to do it is to..remove the
head...It's really not tough..take your time...It's not like your daily
driver that needs to be back on the road right away...If  you're gettin'
into the 'messy,' under the car stuff....then you deserve to enjoy the top
end stuff to make up for it..remove the carbs...take off the head(wiggle it
a bunch to unstick it)...The pistons will then push up to be removed..the
canisters(sleeves) may want to pop up too, but that's ok because you're
gonna replace the 'o rings under them)...with the pistons out....remove the
rings(you're gonna replace them too....
What I'm gettin' at is....YOU CAN DO IT....Slowly follow the instructions in
a shop manual...If you do not understand an instruction...read it over and
over again...then..if you still don't understand it..ask one of us
FOTers...We all had to learn this stuff.....
Racer Bud