fot

[Fot] 2 questions

To: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] 2 questions
From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <tjwakeman@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 07:52:57 -0700
I have been giving some thought to putting synthetic into my rear diff
and was taking a look at things under the TR3 the other day.  Of course
it seems like every time I look around I find something that needs
attention.

#1 I have gear lube weeping between the diff housing and the axle tube.
Assuming that doesn't mean an axle tube is about to fall off (I hope
not) what is the best way to seal this weep?  Braze the junction all the
way around?  or ??

2. I also noticed that my rear wheel cylinders are weeping.  Not yet
enough to be noticed in the fluid can but enough to be noticed on the
brake back plate.  I think this time I want to go ahead and have the
cylinders sleeved so I would just have to buy seal kits in the future.

Any recommendations as to who does a good job of sleeving at a
reasonable price and what their turn around time might be?

 Other thoughts?

Teriann