fot

Re: [Fot] KASTNER CUP

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] KASTNER CUP
From: Bob Adams <adams910@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 22:41:21 -0400
For those who don't know me, I crew on Dick Stockton's car, and he runs up
front at the BIG SVRA events. I honestly believe you're not going to find
faster vintage fields than the Gold Cup, KIC, and Watkins Glen Vintage GP.
For lap time comparisons he's turning 2.20's at Watkins Glen and the rest of
the front runners 2.20's - high 2.18 range. For reference, in the Triumph
race in '08, the TR250K did a 2.19.4 and Kreger did a 2.19.1. So I'm talking
some VERY FAST 4cyl cars. (Skirmant's 356, Mckenzie's MGB (ex Dave Headley
car for the RMVR people), Tillinger's Datsun, and some Super 7's).

Since we're talking Porsche 356's here are some typical times for comparison
from Vic Skirmants'  Porsche 356 ( without a doubt, the best 356 in the
country):

2:18's at VIR
1:42's Mid Ohio (Pro) , 1:44's (club (what everyone ran in 2002))
2:44's at Road America
1:44's at Road Atlanta
2:19's at Watkins Glen

This isn't about the Porsche's though. They're great cars, very well
prepared, and driven in the upper Midwest and in the Northeast. I'm just
proposing for the SVRA *3CP* cars to be allowed a 7" rim. That's all.
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive