fot

Re: [Fot] Kastner Cup 2012

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Kastner Cup 2012
From: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 21:40:17 -0600
michael cook wrote:

> I know for a fact that TR2s were being raced in 1954/55 in SCCA events at
> places like Akron and Lockbourne AFB in Ohio because I was there. Jarrard
> Distributors in Pensacola ran TRs at Sebring in 56, I believe and there were
> official teams in '57 and later.

I'm just guessing here, I was born in '54 so have no first hand
experience.  I wouldn't be surprised if there was one TR2, maybe
more, running at Airport #2 here in Salt Lake back in the days
when Kas was roaring around the track in his MG.

Back when I was the Road Race Director for the Utah Region and
a significant anniversary date was coming up I starting checking
into running a race again at Airport #2 - Fat Chance!  I think even
an act of Congress would not be sufficient to get a sports car race
there again.

So it goes.

mjb.
fot@autox.team.net