fot

Re: [Fot] Heartland Park-Kastner Cup

To: <fot@autox.team.net>, <n197tr4@cs.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Heartland Park-Kastner Cup
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@spitfire4.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 17:21:28 -0500
Just wanted to say thanks to you, Joe, and Bill Rinke, for inviting me down
as a VIP (probably oughta be VUP, but they didn't have any passes printed up
that way).

Fun to put my Spitfire on display even though I did not want to race it this
close to the Solo Nationals, my key event each year (I'm one of eight
drivers who've been to all of them -- this year is the 38th. And the
Spitfire has driven in 37, more than any other single car).

So great to see that fleet of TR4s in the Kastner Cup race, with a few other
Triumphs mixed in. I worked grid much of the weekend and grabbed the job to
split the Kastner Cup race -- the idiot who stands in the middle of pit lane
as the cars come off the grid; pointing "You go this side, you go that
side.")

Good to finally meet Kas in person, Joe too, and a few others.

Some may have noticed my team name Ikke se Hurtig Racing on the fender of
the Spitfire. Sunday as I was loading up a lady with her two teen-agers
stopped to take a picture, because her maiden name was Hurtig. They knew
what Hurtig meant (fast, swift), but weren't sure of the Ikke part (not --
ergo, Not So Fast).

Good to see FOT at my home track.

--Rocky Entriken