fot

Re: [Fot] Improving the stock tr4 crank

To: tylerpthompson@yahoo.com, mark@bradakis.com,
Subject: Re: [Fot] Improving the stock tr4 crank
From: n197tr4@cs.com
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 15:45:27 -0400
 Ty,

Post-mortem per Sean:

"It appears that the liner split and caused hydraulic lock between piston and
head.
This broke the rod and the resulting flaying of the rod broke the camshaft and
put holes in the block".

"The head and the crank survived the failure, with some damage to the rod
journal".

This is somewhat consistent with two liner failures that Larry Young
experienced.

Our liners may have been compromised by water in block and a hard freeze after
garage door was left open.

This also explains why radiator exhibited a bulge in top and bottom tanks, a
condition that we reported earlier in the year.

"never be beaten by equipment .....or your attention to detail". to paraphrase
Kas.

Conjecture presented here and willing to listen to other theories.

Joe