fot

[Fot] Odd wear

To: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Odd wear
From: Mark Eginton <markconsultation@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2010 13:52:12 -0400
I had a headbolt on a new motor that would not pull past 70 lbs but
chose to drive it for the summer. Turns out a repaired thread insert
from PO of the block cracked the block. So now its winter, I stripped
the block today and found some odd wear on the rod bearings I have never
seen before. These parts have about 300 easy country miles on them.

1st you will see the rod bearings which have a very small triangle of
brass showing through at the edges. The rods were purchased from a FOTr
who rebuilt and balanced them, ran one race <5500 RPM then upgraded.
I've had bent rods before, I don't think this is it...

Next there is my first lifter that did not appear to be spinning in the
lifter block. It moved very freely up and down. The cam (new Isky 555
grind) #1 lobe (shown in photo) looks fine... Would you run this one
again in a new block?

Interested in opinions, this motor was not raced and is a mild 10.5:1 build.

Thanks,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28599565@N04/
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com