fot

Re: [Fot] Oil Cooler cleaning

To: Mike Mehl <mike.mehl@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Oil Cooler cleaning
From: Bill Babcock <billb@bnj.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 12:36:15 -0800
Before you spend the bucks to replace that oil cooler, try running without it
for awhile. If your oil temperature isn't getting too high, and your water
temperature doesn't need the help, then let it go until you see a condition
where it looks like it might help. I've stopped fitting oil coolers just by
rote. Peyote still has one, mostly because it's there and the engine oil temp
gets about right in the longer races--230-240.

My new street TR3 hot rod won't have one unless it needs it, and neither will
the AMBRO.

I think with these wet sump engines that making sure the engine oil gets above
212 is a good thing. Cleans the mayo out of the oil.