fot

Re: [Fot] Oil Cooler cleaning

To: "'Joe Curry'" <spitlist@cox.net>, "'Kas Kastner'" <kaskas@cox.net>,
Subject: Re: [Fot] Oil Cooler cleaning
From: "Clark W. Nicholls" <cwnfot@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 08:32:23 -0500
Reminds me of the 1979 SCCA Runoffs at Road Atlanta. Steve Johnson showed up
on the FP race grid in his Spitfire with all the gauges covered with duct
tape. He went on to win the race and the championship. I seem to remember
his engine was put together from a collection of parts from several engines
that week. I don't remember if I took a photo or if the image is burned into
my memory! His victory lap photo was used in a British Leyland magazine
advertisement. Last I knew Steve is retired in the Caribbean somewhere.

Clark
Clark W. Nicholls
1972 Stag (LE7931E), 1974 Spitfire (FM14571U) and 1 rusty GT6 needing new
owner
"Reality, it's not what you think."