fot

Re: [Fot] Advice...

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Advice...
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 21:38:16 -0800
>  The "Standrive" / "Triumatic" used a "Newton Bennett"
> centrifugal clutch,

FWIW, the VW version had a torque converter, perhaps more similar to those
Chrysler products of the 50's.  I don't recall the entire clutch linkage,
but it started with an electrical switch at the bottom of the gear lever,
that was supposed to sense when the driver grabbed the shift knob; and
involved a device that looked rather like a power brake booster.

I owned one briefly, but not long enough to make it work.

-- Randall
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html