fot

Re: [Fot] Motor Oil

To: "Steven Benford Jr" <sbracing@sbcglobal.net>, "FOT"
Subject: Re: [Fot] Motor Oil
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@spitfire4.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 15:10:10 -0500
The thing about these "For Racing Only" or "Not street legal" oils, as
explained to me by my engine builder, is they are high-zinc oils that are
especially friendly to flat-tappet engines like my Spitfire, but apparently
exceed EPA emissions standards. Valvoline also has it.

In that respect, NOT the same as (better than!) "racing oil" or other
synthetics. I've gone from Valvoline Durablend to Valvoline full synthetic
to this black-bottle stuff. Which you may not be able to buy at your corner
auto parts store (I tried, O'Reilly's said they can't get it).

So I Googled "motor oil not street legal" last week and where did I find it?
Amazon! Books, CDs, racing oil -- LOL. Got two cases on the way, $57 each!

--Rocky Entriken