fot

Re: [Fot] Oil Cooler

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Oil Cooler
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 11:02:44 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

You know, sometimes you read a post and the "the light comes on".

I pulled my TR6 engine to fix an oil leak, blah blah. All fixed and
reinstalled. I run an event last weekend. No probs. Just a couple of drips
from the oil filter head.

So, I do my fluids-check and nutnboltcheck and the engine is down a quart.
I look EVERYWHERE for evidence of an oil leak. I figure being down a quart
is a lot considering that I made three 60-second autocross runs, so there
sould be a giant puddle in the trailer or a lot of oil on the frame -
nope. nothing. no puddles, no drips.

Doh - I forgot that I had purged the oil cooler lines!

Question answered.

Thanks for the thread!

rml
Bob Lang              Triumph TR6!!            |  This space for rent
Former NER Solo Chair                          |
Voice:617-253-7438                             |  Cell: 339-927-4489
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive