fot

Re: [Fot] Racing a Triumph TRANSMISSIONS

To: ponobill@gmail.com, kaskas@cox.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Racing a Triumph TRANSMISSIONS
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 16:48:46 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: fot@autox.team.net
Amici...

With all of this talk about transmissions, and my serious hip/knee
arthritis issues, what would really interest me is an automatic.  Anyone know
of any
options open to me there?  I tend to be a Purist, so hopefully it should
fit in the original TR3 tranny case.

Bill (Damdinger)

PS  Actually, I don't know about over here, but back in the day over in
Europe, they did run some automatic transmissions in race cars.  The way I
understand it, David Hobbs family built automatic transmissions.  I am not sure
what they went into, but I am going to guess Jaguar as the Tornado Cars
Works racing logs we have talk about racing against the 'Hobbs Jag'.