fot

Re: [Fot] Racing a Triumph TRANSMISSIONS

To: BillDentin@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Racing a Triumph TRANSMISSIONS
From: Bill Babcock <ponobill@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 13:58:30 -0700
Cc: ponobill@gmail.com, fot@autox.team.net
Most of the Jaguar automatics I have experience with are hideous. I think they
were originally Borg-Warner. Had one in a 420 I owned briefly that I sold as a
parts car. Adapting a modern five or six speed automatic would not be all that
tough and could be VERY cool. If I were going to do it I'd get Tony Garmey to
do the fabrication.

No, it won't fit in the TR3 case. Does ANYONE really use TR3 transmissions? If
they do I have three or four they can have. I consider them useless.