fot

Re: [Fot] Racing a Triumph TRANSMISSIONS

To: vangoughv@hotmail.com, igofaster@att.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Racing a Triumph TRANSMISSIONS
From: Joe Alexander <n197tr4@cs.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 13:34:04 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: fot@autox.team.net
 Back in the 90s I removed and replaced Ed Ceilley's GT6 gearbox three times
while at Moroso and Sebring in two weekends of racing.

Twice it was in the rain and three inches of water on the ground.

I would vote for 'GEAR BOXES FREE', especially with GT6s

We seem to be doing quite well with our TR3/4 TRANSMISSIONS, or I would
consider one of the Toyota conversions.

If there were any restrictions placed on a major component, among ourselves, I
would make the engine conform to the old rules. But that is not likely to
happen....and I am OK with that. (I think ours does conform and that's largely
an economic decision)

Joe Alexander
A. R. E.
645 1st Street