fot

Re: [Fot] Fuel Cell Questions

To: Charles WATSON <clw2000@msn.com>,FOT List <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Fuel Cell Questions
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 14:35:56 -0600
Dropping it below the trunk floor is done for weight distribution.
I THINK the soft rubber is safer than the hard plastic, but am less
confident in that answer.

The stock gas cap opens too easily so needs to be wired shut if
used.  If you connect to a remote fill, you need to use fire and
impact resistant plumbing.  There's a video of a Miata (I think)
going up in flames because the fill line for the fuel tank broke /
melted.  Very scary.  It's best to just use the cap on top of the
tank and avoid any possible issues with impact / fire related to a remote fill.

Tony