fot

Re: [Fot] Fuel Cell Questions

To: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Fuel Cell Questions
From: marty sukey <trmarty@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 22:42:33 -0500
 On the subject of vents. We autocross the spitfire some also and the hard
jolts back and forth would tend to slosh gas out the vent tube even when we
ran it up and looped it a couple of times. Since it exited the trunk floor
near the exhaust it was not a good combination. We fabbed up a small catch can
roughly 4x4x4 and mounted it on the floor of the trunk. The vent tube ran from
the cell to the top of the catch can. A second vent tube came out of the top
of the catch can and exited through the floor of the trunk. The bottom of
catch can has a petcock that also goes out the floor of the trunk that is used
to drain off any gas at an appropriate time. That did the trick for us.