fot

[Fot] Wedges

To: <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Wedges
From: <yellow04@tr4racer.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 08:13:18 -0500
As a Wedge owner, I appreciate what Triumph accomplished with the TR7/8.
Before you guys move to have me tossed outta here, get behind the wheel of a
well sorted wedge. They drive wonderful.

One of my pipe dreams to see at vintage races is a spec TR7 class.  I
envision good, close racing and best of all, behind a Triumph badge. We spec
decent, cheap tires from Tire Rack. We figure out a good
spring/strut/swaybay package. We run pump gas, so engine mods are kept to a
minimum, if any.

You need to find a clapped out TR7, 5 minutes on Craigslist shows me 4 cars
that are good candidates within 100 miles of me. Install a fuel cell and a
cage, and go visit your local Maaco for a scratch and spray paint job. Then
do up the suspension per the spec, install your racing seat and harness, and
you are ready to go. If you leave the wiring in place, you could even drive
the thing to the track!

How cool would that be?

Who's in???

Henry