fot

[Fot] Fwd: TR6 hot start problems A.R.E HEATSHIELDS

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Fwd: TR6 hot start problems A.R.E HEATSHIELDS
From: Joe Alexander <n197tr4@cs.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2013 15:59:34 -0500 (EST)
Joe's heat shield did wonders for my TR3, but I guess you knew that.  I also
recently learned to hold the throttle about 1/3 down while starting (with no
choke obviously), which seems to help some, too.

My contention is that street TRIUMPHS need heatshields more than race cars
because of heat buildup and quality of gas.

Jack & I made up aluminum heatshields for our race cars.  Then I
reprocessed then into a design in a superior stainless steel material and on
production equipment, with the help of Jack and Irv Korey....and Sean
Alexander.

They are well distributed by TRF, Moss, Victoria British, and we do an
exclusive one for GoodParts.

Still there is no guarantee that this will cure the problem of hard starts
if there are other issues.  But cool fuel is always a good idea, eh?

</HTML>