fot

Re: [Fot] Pushrod tube leaks oil

To: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Pushrod tube leaks oil
From: "J. Wagner" <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 19:22:05 -0800
Cc: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
This is probably what I would experiment with.... (And maybe this is what Tony
is thinking Jack used?)

http://www.loctiteproducts.com/p/10/25/t_lkr_green/overview/Loctite-Threadloc
ker-Green-290.htm

"Capillary action" is the key!

And I would clean the tubes thoroughly with degreaser, followed by spray (zero
residue) contact cleaner, and pressured (filtered) air...  And I'd warm
the head with a blow drier.... (Just warm, not hot)....

I can't speak to whether it would work... I haven't given it a shot, my tubes
(street car) seem to do ok....  but this would definitely be my approach.

--Justin

On Jan 27, 2013, at 6:58 PM, Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com> wrote:

> Jack found some sort of loctite green compound that you could wick into the
gap between the tube and the head.  Didn't TOTALLY stop the leak but made it
better.  The craftsman socket method Joe mentioned came into play too.

> Tony
>
> At 08:16 PM 1/27/2013, Ken Suhre wrote:
>> I have searched the Archives for a solution to this problem my TR4. Has
anyone fixed this problem without pulling the head? I would like to stop the
leak either with the head on the engine or as a last resort pulling the head.
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/tony@tonydrews.com