fot

Re: [Fot] Pushrod tube leaks oil

To: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Pushrod tube leaks oil
From: Ken Suhre <kenandtweety@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 05:36:20 -0800 (PST)
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Rocket-MIMEInfo:X-Mailer:Message-ID:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=fWqAdBGBxgMnmdHtpXih461oFBf0H1Q57ESNrK+t8IqMRYyXDfwACq74U6OQHIvUL/RXtsjKx3fL9BUtcxVw9yTkdxl06a11m8Z41sMPYRdpVlsE4cKUODBSbzXJUNQlsKKzOA7KKrCsmSvM6d2LXWZ5iWeX9bZwXkkITqncnkA= ; nt3qf5ntonGGZPbK9uBUAel9j5rFBuSZnNprR4j2K000tzw4mpzx3EFunpIK ElQ2havjvvLZvRLEX4fOzhie4__em6dkFmlHZa1tybebRD9d0NLhR0CrGfki iep3OYRw_4upOOprRgxXK8DmNNbj4t5M8C05aQkT_K3EC_l1lwuFwZvRghpA WdNBV_3_UrDa9vhPjO1bZS9ML9GFFFWjYPxRVRKlyl45PxWiHmLBNmFTueCj 7Z_bi3IBNkNlCTsfZBORAf9BnkeNh7UGEOs2qu4i.fdDGjuRXRRZCAJYOajO QhkIfnLLSk1syrTC7cF6LIEw4w37zvz44c92VdZPR6I8DCCcp5W1IV5JVct3 V0tRtzRGxbLr9qFkHQoQ1CgNSNgYbgWDeoF5hdhyVLcRdOoRY4OOXwpV.gL_ xgb6SWN9ZaZqPsrHBfHLj1ni7nJqL6P4u2OH0YXNcJRfBn2EOioGP5F3VhNE -
Thanks for all your suggestions.
Here is what I plan to do. With the rocker assembly and pushrods out of the
way, I will lightly tap a tapered drift into the tube to expand it,taking care
not to drive it down. This should seal off the tube to prevent any solvent
form going down into the engine. Then after warming it with a heatgun, and
making sure no oil residue remains, apply some Locktite to it on top and and
on the outside where it goes through the bottom lip of the head. I probably
won't know if I am successful until the next race.
Mark, I did search all 400 of the treads in the Archives under leaks. I didn't
find any pertaining to this. Possibly the one your remember was too old or
losts. Thanks, so much, for keeping all this information possible.
Ken Suhre
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive