fot

Re: [Fot] wheel & tyre sizes TR5/TR6

To: "'Enquiries Road & Track'" <enquiries@roadandtrack.net.au>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] wheel & tyre sizes TR5/TR6
From: "Tim Murphy" <timmurph@fastbytes.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 17:54:09 -0500
I had to look in my notebooks to find some of the info, hence the delay.  On
my street TR5 I originally had European 185/HR15, fronts were Michelin XVS
and rears were Continental TS792.  I replaced them for 2 reasons, I didn't
know how old they were but thought probably 10 years and secondly, the spare
didn't fit in the trunk well!  Plus they just didn't look right on the car,
looked way too big due to their design (extra wide sidewall to provide curb
protection) and the size.  I replaced them with the Vredestein 175/70 HR 15,
which fit in the tire well in the trunk and they look right on the car.  The
wheels are Dunlop wires made in India under license, 5-1/2 K X 15 X 457C.  I
have no idea what the 457C is and I don't know what the offset is.  I could
pull the spare out and try and measure it but am not sure how to go about it
with the  splined hub.  Don't know if this is of any use to you, but that's
what delete keys are for:)

Tim Murphy