fot

Re: [Fot] TR250 oil pressure update

To: "'SCOTT JANZEN'" <sjanzen@me.com>, "'Andy Packard'" <apackard68@att.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR250 oil pressure update
From: "Spitfire Racing" <Spitfire_Racing@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 08:52:44 -0400
Cc: fot@autox.team.net
If the head has not been crack tested it certainly should be before any more
time and funds are expended. You will then be able to inspect the head
gasket to see what the condition is/was. Have you checked to see if the
water jacket is being pressurized by one or more of the cylinders. There's
something very basic here that has eluded you somehow. Cracks in heads are
not all that uncommon especially if the engine was overheated at some point
in it's past.
I'm also concerned the head is running some ~60 degrees hotter than the
block. I'm sure you have confirmed the engine is in fact filled with
coolant.

Russ Moore