fot

Re: [Fot] TR250 oil pressure update

To: "FOT@autox.team.net" <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR250 oil pressure update
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2013 10:49:24 -0500
How long does it have to sit before it starts to boil?  As with most of
these cars, my 250 will boil if it is left idling for maybe 15-30
minutes, depending on the ambient temperature.  However, when I am
moving at all, the gauge never moves from the point where the thermostat
opens.  You seem to be fixated on what it does when left idling.  I
would be more concerned about what it does at running speed. The oil
pressure specs in the manual are something like 40-60 psi at 2,000 RPM.
Mine runs at the low end of this range, but drops very low at idle.  It
has been that way for many years and I've had it since 1968.  You have
not mentioned what pressure yours shows at running speed.
Larry Young
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive