fot

Re: [Fot] TR250 oil pressure update

To: Andy Packard <apackard68@att.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR250 oil pressure update
From: Mike Munson <fasttrs@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 12:25:39 -0500
Cc: "<6pack@autox.team.net>" <6pack@autox.team.net>, Joseph <josephspiano@comcast.net>, "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
I had the same temperature issues in the early years of my current TR6 race
car. It turned out to be the head gasket leaking into the water jacket during
the combustion explosion phase when cylinder pressures are greatest. The head
gaskets were strong enough to hold for the lower pressures of a compression
test
but wouldn't hold when the engine was running. Once I changed over to Payen
head gaskets the problem went away. Make sure you are using the early model
head gasket without the extra thick compression rings.

As far as the oil pressure issue, another thing to try is get a collection of
bypass pistons from different vendors and test them with the same spring. It
doesn't matter how heavy your spring is if the piston won't seal. I have found
as much as a 30 # pressure difference by switching pistons.

Mike Munson
#28 EP TR6

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com