fot

Re: [Fot] aftermarket crank dampeners and pullies for TR4's

To: "'Michael Porter'" <mdporter@dfn.com>, "'Randall'" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] aftermarket crank dampeners and pullies for TR4's
From: "John Hasty" <jhhasty@gdhs.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 09:54:05 -0500
Cc: fot@autox.team.net
For what it is worth, we got 10 race weekends on our last rebuild running a
damper from BFE.  The crank broke between # 1 rod and front main on last
race, last lap, last turn while running 1st. in EP.  I regularly turned 6500
in 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 6200 in OD.  The motor always ran smooth with no
vibration I could feel even with the front engine plate bolted directly to
the frame.