fot

[Fot] The Good, The Bad, The ugly

To: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] The Good, The Bad, The ugly
From: marty <trmarty@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 09:24:02 -0400

--_185c44f1-04b5-493b-b624-cb0508014a31_

The good. I ran the newly revised PittRace circuit this past weekend. WOW. =
It is incredible. I liked the old track but the new track is 2.8 miles long=
=2C major elevation changes=2C blind corners=2C downhill esses=2C lots and =
lots and lots of paved paddock space=2C three showers located throughout th=
e paddock. VRG does an incredible job putting this event on each July. This=
 is a must do on my calendar from now on. My suggestion to you is try it!
=20
The bad. Car ran great all weekend and driver did surprisingly well. I was =
happy as a pig in mud. The game plan for Sunday was to do the morning sessi=
on and skip out on the afternoon session as rain was heading our way and du=
e to hit around midafternoon. Went out for the morning session and two laps=
 in a cylinder dropped out. Easy fix=2C when I had the distributer cap off =
to check the points the night before I must have partially popped a wire lo=
ose and it came out on track during that session.
=20
The ugly. Since the morning session was a washout I decided to stick around=
 and run the afternoon session. Had an awesome race going. Passing=2C getti=
ng passed and dicing it out with three cars close to mine in performance. I=
 was grinning ear to ear until an Alpha Romeo GTV spun and shot across the =
racing surface and t-boned me. Nothing I could do to avoid him and since he=
 had about 1000 pounds on me I lost.  I am hoping the frame did not get ben=
t but it looks like I will need a bonnet=2C driver=92s door=2C Drivers side=
 suspension components=2C a TR8 wheel=2C possibly a steering rack=2C possib=
ly a radiator=2C front valance. That=92s what I can conclude from a visual =
inspection once I got home and got the car off the trailer. Bummed but as t=
hey say=2C that=92s racin.
=20
Marty                                     =

--_185c44f1-04b5-493b-b624-cb0508014a31_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 12pt=3B
font-family:Calibri
}
--></style></head>
" class=3DMsoNormal>The good. I ran the newly revised PittRace circuit this=
 past weekend. WOW. It is incredible. I liked the old track but the new tra=
ck is 2.8 miles long=2C major elevation changes=2C blind corners=2C downhil=
l esses=2C lots and lots and lots of paved paddock space=2C three showers l=
ocated throughout the paddock. VRG does an incredible job putting this even=
t on each July. This is a must do on my calendar from now on. My suggestion=
 to you is try it!<?xml:namespace prefix =3D o ns =3D "urn:schemas-microsof=
t-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></P>
<P style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt" class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp=3B</P>
<P style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt" class=3DMsoNormal>The bad. Car ran great =
all weekend and driver did surprisingly well. I was happy as a pig in mud. =
The game plan for Sunday was to do the morning session and skip out on the =
afternoon session as rain was heading our way and due to hit around midafte=
rnoon. Went out for the morning session and two laps in a cylinder dropped =
out. Easy fix=2C when I had the distributer cap off to check the points the=
 night before I must have partially popped a wire loose and it came out on =
track during that session.<o:p></o:p></P>
<P style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt" class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp=3B</P>
<P style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt" class=3DMsoNormal>The ugly. Since the mor=
ning session was a washout I decided to stick around and run the afternoon =
session. Had an awesome race going. Passing=2C getting passed and dicing it=
 out with three cars close to mine in performance. I was grinning ear to ea=
r until an Alpha Romeo GTV spun and shot across the racing surface and t-bo=
ned me. Nothing I could do to avoid him and since he had about 1000 pounds =
on me I lost.<SPAN style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp=3B </SPAN>I am hoping =
the frame did not get bent but it looks like I will need a bonnet=2C driver=
=92s door=2C Drivers side suspension components=2C a TR8 wheel=2C possibly =
a steering rack=2C possibly a radiator=2C front valance. That=92s what I ca=
n conclude from a visual inspection once I got home and got the car off the=
 trailer. Bummed but as they say=2C that=92s racin.<o:p></o:p></P>
<P style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt" class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp=3B</o:p></P>
<P style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt" class=3DMsoNormal>Marty<o:p></o:p></P>
        =

--_185c44f1-04b5-493b-b624-cb0508014a31_--

--===============5331304228790080048==

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive