fot

[Fot] The Bad Part Two

To: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] The Bad Part Two
From: marty <trmarty@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 12:05:51 -0400

--_6e813200-bc7a-40bb-ab96-1b974bdc7b5b_

A little follow up. On a lighter note. I told the corner workers I was goin=
g to need a flatbed. A pickup truck with a tow rope shows up=2C assess the =
situation and called for a flatbed.  Flatbed shows up and immediately sinks=
 down to the wheels in mud. They had to call a second tow truck to now pull=
 the flatbed out. The guy from the original pick up truck crew then comes o=
ver with a baseball bat and we proceed to tweak the sheet metal around enou=
gh to be able to be pulled out with his tow rope. All the while the next ra=
ce group is gridded up ready to go out watching the rain clouds roll in. Wh=
ich they did and proceed to open up about the time that group got the green=
 flag. To you guys I apologize!

=20

More thoughts. After we got in we had to go talk to the stewards. First the=
y pulled the Alpha driver aside and got his version. Then they pulled me as=
ide and got my version in which I described in great detail what I was sure=
 happened.  Then they asked if I would show them my GoPro video which I pro=
ceeded to do. Funny how what I thought I remembered happening in great deta=
il didn't happen exactly that way. I felt kind of funny but the steward wer=
e good about it and said don't worry=2C that is usually what happens. I was=
n't trying to lie about it=2C I truly thought those details where what took=
 place. Anyhow=2C after they watched my video about 5 times they told me in=
 was in the clear and that there was nothing I could have done and that I a=
ctually acted as a buffer for the Alpha and prevented him from driving stra=
ight into the armco at speed which would have been pretty bad for him. Luck=
y guy that Alpha driver is. :) His car hardly had any damage=2C my drivers =
side is well=2C not so good. As I was waiting for the tow I walked out on t=
rack and picked up a big chunk of fiberglass fender that broke off his car.=
 He wait a minute=2C that must have been from a previous track event becaus=
e  people do not run fiberglass in vintage events do they?   :)

=20

Marty

=20

=20
                                          =

--_6e813200-bc7a-40bb-ab96-1b974bdc7b5b_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 12pt=3B
font-family:Calibri
}
--></style></head>
 note. I told the corner workers I was going to need a flatbed. A pickup tr=
uck with a tow rope shows up=2C assess the situation and called for a flatb=
ed.&nbsp=3B Flatbed shows up and immediately sinks down to the wheels in mu=
d. They had to call a second tow truck to now pull the flatbed out. The guy=
 from the original pick up truck crew then comes over with a baseball bat a=
nd we proceed to tweak the sheet metal around enough to be able to be pulle=
d out with his tow rope. All the while the next race group is gridded up re=
ady to go out watching the rain clouds roll in. Which they did and proceed =
to open up about the time that group got the green flag. To you guys I apol=
ogize!<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
More thoughts. After we got in we had to go talk to the stewards. First the=
y pulled the Alpha driver aside and got his version. Then they pulled me as=
ide and got my version in which I described in great detail what I was sure=
 happened.&nbsp=3B Then they asked if&nbsp=3BI would show them my GoPro vid=
[...]
ck event because&nbsp=3B people do not run fiberglass in vintage events do =
they?&nbsp=3B&nbsp=3B :)<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Marty<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>                                      </div></body>

--_6e813200-bc7a-40bb-ab96-1b974bdc7b5b_--

--===============0435662133403160265==

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive