fot

Re: [Fot] Gearbox thoughts

To: Dean Tetterton <tr3a58@verizon.net>, Steve Yott <tr4@wi.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Gearbox thoughts
From: <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 14:23:33 +0000
Cc: 'FOT Triumph' <fot@autox.team.net>
I'm another guy that dumps a lot of oil. I've used VR1 dino oil in the
crankcase and EP90 GL4 in the tranny and diff for a long time and changed it
out almost every weekend or two. This works great with the hour or less racing
I have done. I get the EP90 from Car Quest and it is jumped all the way up to
$15.00 a gallon. I understand that the EP90 I is not recommended for use in
overdrives so be careful with that. The dino oil in the Lemons/Chump/WRl
endurance TR6 boiled and left after about 4 hours so that car now runs
synthetic.

I now have a car with synthetic oils and I have let them run longer between
changes.

Bob Kramer
rkramer3@austin.rr.com