fot

Re: [Fot] GT6 Connecting rods

To: Mike Munson <fasttrs@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] GT6 Connecting rods
From: "Barr, Scott" <sbarr@McCarty-Law.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2015 16:43:35 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Cc: FOT list <fot@autox.team.net>
Do the TR6/GT6 Carrillos have the same teeny-tiny little rod bolts that the
Carrillos for my 1500 Spit do?  I think they're 1/4", with a torque spec of
something like 18 lb/ft?  I just don't like those.  Granted, never had one
fail, but I also have been replacing them every once in a while at something
like $37 per bolt.  You're supposed to inspect them frequently by checking to
see whether they have stretched at all, but I've never come up with a really
reliable way of comparing the length of one particular rod bolt upon
disassembly against its length at assembly.

Scott