fot

[Fot] valve spring pressure on TR4 race engine

Subject: [Fot] valve spring pressure on TR4 race engine
From: timmmurphh at gmail.com (timmmurphh at gmail.com)
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 13:55:36 -0600
I have 85 lbs. pressure on the intake valve with the valve closed and it
sits at a height of 1.655 inches.  At .400 lift, I have 190 lbs. of
pressure.  We only run to 6000 RPM with the gearing we have and the engine
we have.  The valve springs are double springs and the machine shop says
they are all about the same, very consistent.  What pressures would be
recommended?  The machine shop thinks these pressures are light for a 6000
RPM engine.  Any advice will be appreciated.  Thanks.

Tim Murphy

1961 TR4  #317 BRG