fot

[Fot] valve spring pressure on TR4 race engine

Subject: [Fot] valve spring pressure on TR4 race engine
From: johnstydo at gmail.com (John Styduhar)
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 20:34:18 -0500
The specs for the Isky dual spring setup (TR05-TR06) and TR-777 cam I use
in my TR3 racer are:

installed height 1.625"
seat pressure 100#
max coil bind height 1.060"
spring rate #/inch 320
TR777 cam lift .480"

I don't think your seat pressure is too far out of line but you should
check your installed height with the manufacturer's spec sheet as Scott
suggested.  You may be able to increase seat pressure by adding shims but
make sure to check for coil binding at max lift.