fot

[Fot] valve spring pressure on TR4 race engine

Subject: [Fot] valve spring pressure on TR4 race engine
From: sjanzen at me.com (Scott Janzen)
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 17:04:50 -0500
I know I?m working with a very different engine - GT6 - thus smaller valves,
but the closed seat pressure is 65 lb and the open pressure is 233 lb at 0.53?
lift.  This is per the cam designer.
I?ve been running similar seat pressures for years, shifting at 7,000 RPM
I would defer to the cam specs/designer.