fot

[Fot] GT6 differential and general question

Subject: [Fot] GT6 differential and general question
From: jsukey at gmail.com (Jason Sukey)
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2017 17:40:12 -0400
Scott, I think those might be called "hollow dowel pins".  I assume they
are there to precisely locate the bearing cap.  I'd not attempt to go
without.

On a related note, when I build up the spitfire/gt6 differentials, I use a
bottoming tap and cut an additional couple threads in the bottom of the
home- I then replace the bolts with 2" long grade 8 bolts.  The original
bolts are about 1 7/8" long, I figure the extra thread engagement can only
help.

Jason Sukey