fot

[Fot] GT6 differential and general question

Subject: [Fot] GT6 differential and general question
From: jason at multivintage.com (Jason Ostrowski)
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2017 19:04:32 -0500
Hey.
Yeah... most of the diffs I have around have at least one thread hole
screwed up somewhere on the thing.

I'm not sure this will work at the narrow edge area you are working on but
I figure its on topic enough to mention...
we have used something called A "Steel cert" or "Time sert" or "big sert"
recently.

Perhaps many already know about these "better than a heli coil fix"

The kits are way better a heli coil and has done a nice job for us with
stripped threads.
Basically you drill a larger hole into the old thread hole.
Then you tap the hole for the really hard steel insert that is already
threaded. And insert that
basically it puts a whole new steel surrounded thread of the type you wish
for in the old spot.

We have used them mostly for aluminum applications and they have solved
such problems.

Good Luck Scott!
You are one of the kings of quality prep...A+

Jason Ostrowski
Friendly Ghost Racing
1969 Triumph GT6+ racecars