fot

[Fot] GT6 differential and general question

Subject: [Fot] GT6 differential and general question
From: Janzen at recatalyst.com (Scott Janzen)
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2017 22:12:19 -0400
I got some good suggestions on how to remove this bush, including Randall?s
below and Fred?s, but Mark Craig reminded me that I may not want to use a
helicoil, which might fail at the track, and I?m better off starting over with
another differential housing.  As I only have about seven of them, I have no
good excuse other than I was feeling lazy about starting the whole process
over.

Better than a ruined track weekend, and good thing I did not need this spare
for the last two years I?ve been hauling it around.  I had mostly rebuilt it
but was never quite satisfied with the lash.  However, I torqued it up and
figured it would do in a pinch.  I guess the last time I tightened the bolts,
the one bolt must have been hanging on by a thread (is that where the saying
came from?) and re-adjusting the lash five times must have done it in.

Thanks as always to the group for the good advice and for getting me back on
track.