fot

[Fot] Fwd: Crown and pinion gear break in

Subject: [Fot] Fwd: Crown and pinion gear break in
From: van.mulders.marcel at telenet.be (van.mulders.marcel at telenet.be)
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2018 10:48:56 +0200 (CEST)

----- Doorgestuurd bericht -----
Van: "van mulders marcel" <van.mulders.marcel at telenet.be>
Aan: "Greg Blake" <gblake58tr3 at icloud.com>
Verzonden: Woensdag 5 september 2018 10:47:59
Onderwerp: Re: [Fot] Crown and pinion gear break in

I think it is good measure to check the heat of the differential casing after a
few laps when the pinion and crownwheel are freshly mounted : when the casing
gets very hot, something is wrong : or the parts are bad or they are mounted
not correctly
There are at least 2 manufactures of the TR parts, I forgot about the names. As
far as I know, used original parts are running cooler than some of the
aftermarked parts. How was the noise of the diff? Did you notice the smell
during the first laps?
Marcel