fot

[Fot] VTR 2019

To: Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] VTR 2019
From: Bob Kramer via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2018 12:14:14 -0600

--00000000000042ca52057a7bb4d4

Friends

Way back in 1989 I ran across another TR6 in the parking lot of a local
auto parts store and the ensuing conversation led to the formation of the
Hill Country Triumph Club. The next year we began holding an All British
Car Day as an annual event to meet the Vintage Triumph Register requirement
of an annual "feature" event. I've had better ideas, but not many have
lasted this long. The event is now a 3-day affair and run by a dedicated
committee.

Every 4 years our club rotated responsibility for the "Texas" VTR Regional,
but the Oklahoma clubs have helped us spread that out to every 6 years.
Early on I was a regular attendee of the VTR Nationals years and competing
in the autocross on course at Roebling Road in 1991 planted the seed for my
racing addiction. Attending these events helped me to decide early on that
the HCTC should stay away from the idea of ever hosting the VTR National.
Our club membership was young and busy with life, Austin was too far south,
our club wasn't big enough and most of all I didn't want that type of
responsibility to take over my life.

Years have passed, our members have aged, some are even retired, Austin is
on the bucket list of place to go see for a lot of people and our club is
much larger now. I've moved further away from downtown and I don't make it
to many meetings so I wasn't there to talk them out of it when the HCTC
agreed to host the 2019 VTR Nationals. It will be held in nearby Dripping
Springs from October 6 through 9th of 2019. Here is where, as a loyal
transplanted Texan, I am required to say, "you'all come."

But that is not why I am bringing this up. Austin is home to the Formula 1
event at Circuit of the Americas. The date for this event in 2019 has
forced the SVRA to move their Vintage National event at Circuit of the
Americas to the weekend before the VTR National. That's right, the SVRA
Vintage Nationals will be held October 3-6 and the VTR Nationals October
6-9. In a year where the Kastner Cup is in California, and the SVRA is
giving free registration,  to Triumph racecars for the Watkins Glen event a
month earlier, the thought of asking how many Triumphs might want to tow to
Texas, with no free registration, just to put on a good show for the 200 or
so attendees of the VTR National is the last thing I thought I would be
doing, but here I am doing just that.

The VTR National is happening with or without us as is the SVRA event. The
track, while fun to race is not a likely candidate for a future Kastner Cup
because it is a modern facility. This may be the most common sense time for
us to have a get together at COTA. If we could attract enough cars we can
integrate the track event into the VTR Nationals by holding the Sunday
kick-off party at the track.

So I have to ask, who would want to do this?

Bob Kramer

--00000000000042ca52057a7bb4d4

nother=C2=A0TR6 in the=C2=A0parking lot of a local auto parts store and the=
 ensuing conversation led to the formation of the Hill Country Triumph Club=
. The next year we began holding an All British Car Day as an annual event =
to meet the Vintage Triumph Register requirement of an annual &quot;feature=
&quot; event. I&#39;ve had better ideas, but not many have lasted this long=
. The event is now a 3-day affair and run by a dedicated committee.</div><d=
ot;Texas&quot; VTR Regional, but the Oklahoma=C2=A0clubs have helped us spr=
ead that out to every 6 years.=C2=A0 Early on I was a regular attendee of t=
he VTR Nationals years and competing in the=C2=A0autocross on course at Roe=
bling Road in 1991 planted the seed for my racing addiction. Attending thes=
e events helped me to decide early on that the HCTC should stay away from t=
he idea of ever hosting the VTR National. Our club membership was young and=
 busy with life, Austin was too far south, our club wasn&#39;t big enough a=
nd most of all I didn&#39;t want that type of responsibility to take over m=
some are even retired, Austin is on the bucket list of place to go see for =
a lot of people and our club is much larger now. I&#39;ve moved further awa=
y from downtown and I don&#39;t make it to many meetings so I wasn&#39;t th=
ere to talk them out of it when the HCTC agreed to host the 2019 VTR Nation=
als. It will be held in nearby Dripping Springs from October 6 through 9th =
of 2019. Here is where, as a loyal transplanted Texan, I am required to say=
ot why I am bringing this up. Austin is home to the Formula 1 event at Circ=
uit of the Americas. The date for this=C2=A0event in 2019 has forced the SV=
RA to move their=C2=A0Vintage National event at Circuit of the Americas to =
the weekend before the VTR National. That&#39;s right, the SVRA Vintage Nat=
ionals will be held October 3-6 and the VTR Nationals October 6-9. In a yea=
r where the Kastner Cup is in California, and the SVRA is giving free regis=
tration,=C2=A0 to Triumph racecars=C2=A0for the Watkins Glen event a month =
earlier, the thought of asking how many Triumphs=C2=A0might want to tow to =
Texas, with no free registration, just to put on a good show for the 200 or=
 so attendees of the VTR National is the last thing I thought I would be do=
National is happening with or without us as is the SVRA event. The track, w=
hile fun to race is not a likely candidate=C2=A0for a future Kastner=C2=A0C=
up because it is a modern facility. This may be the most common sense time =
for us to have a get together at COTA. If we could attract enough cars we c=
an integrate the track event into the VTR Nationals by holding the Sunday k=
 class=3D"gmail_signature" data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature"><div dir=3D"l=

--00000000000042ca52057a7bb4d4--

--===============2253592104369735400==

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com