fot

[Fot] Spitfire Gearbox

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Spitfire Gearbox
From: "Mathieu W. Huovinen via Fot" <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 14:53:19 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_4116080_253102530.1544712799281

Triumph Friends,

Now that we've all worked out the oil cooler/filter issue, who wants to take a
crack at Spitfire gearbox ideas?? I currently have a 1296 engine bolted up to a
1500 single rail gearbox. This year after the Kastner Cup, Marty Sukey
suggested finding at GT6 gearbox as they have a closer ratio gear set - I think
I even remember reading that some of the LeMans Spitfires had GT6 gearboxes.
I'm having a difficult time finding one so I was going to ask the folks that
have been this a lot longer than me, is it possible to just put GT6 gears
(specifically 2nd and 3rd) into a 1500 Spit gearbox? Has anyone tried? Are
there better options? I have two extra 1500 single rail boxes to mess with. Any
help would be appreciated. Thanks!

M. Huovinen
Spit #80

------=_Part_4116080_253102530.1544712799281

wants to take a crack at Spitfire gearbox ideas?? I currently have a 1296
engine bolted up to a 1500 single rail gearbox. This year after the Kastner
Cup, Marty Sukey suggested finding at GT6 gearbox as they have a closer ratio
gear set - I think I even remember reading that some of the LeMans Spitfires
had GT6 gearboxes. I'm having a difficult time finding one so I was going to
ask the folks that have been this a lot longer than me, is it possible to just
put GT6 gears (specifically 2nd and 3rd) into a 1500 Spit gearbox? Has anyone
tried? Are there better options? I have two extra 1500 single rail boxes to
mess with. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!</p>
Spit #80</p>
------=_Part_4116080_253102530.1544712799281--

--===============4361352949780868357==

fot@autox.team.net