fot

[Fot] bike engine oil for overdrive gearbox?

To: fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] bike engine oil for overdrive gearbox?
From: "van.mulders.marcel--- via Fot" <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2018 17:08:41 +0100 (CET)

--=_8dc361b3-b7b7-49d3-8412-82e42db727c5

Like most TR racers I believe that an overdrive gearbox is worth some laptime
on most racetracks. But there are some drawbacks :9.5kgs weight penalty and the
gap between 4th gear and 4th overdrive gear is too big. There is also a
considerable amount of power loss when the overdrive is engaged because of the
friction in the overdrive gears : but I think that in general modern engine oil
can reduce the friction in the overdrive, compared to GL-4 gear oil, because it
has much better friction modifiers. But are these friction modifiers compatible
with the clutch in the overdrive?? Classic Mini's and most bikes have 1 oil pan
for both engine and gearbox : what about using a modern bike oil or a modern
(synthetic) classic mini oil in an overdrive gearbox to reduce the friction in
the overdrive and gain some acceleration when 4th overdrive gear is engaged?
Marcel

--=_8dc361b3-b7b7-49d3-8412-82e42db727c5

f; font-size: 10pt; color: #000000"><div>Like most TR racers I believe that=

--===============4075190841905063146==

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot