fot

Re: [Fot] so I have these 2 cars...

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] so I have these 2 cars...
From: Mark J Bradakis via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2019 18:22:50 -0600
The first VTR convention I attended was in Boulder, COlorado in 1990.
There was a fellow there that had a white TR3 that was built on a TR6
frame.  I don't remember much about the car or the owner, John ??? I
think.  What I do remember is he took FTD in the autocross.  And the
reason he managed that is that he knew nothing about autocrossing.  The
course was laid out on the racetrack at Mead.  To slow cars down on the
long back straight there was a slalom.  It was an optional slalom which
means you can start to the left or right of the first cone.  This fellow
thought optional mean you could either zig zag through the cones or
blast straight on by them all.  And of course none of the workers knew
they were supposed to call him off course for his runs.

That, among other things, was why the Autocross Advisory Board was
formed, and the VTR autocross rules were instituted.

mjb.