fot

Re: [Fot] Watkins Glen - September

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Watkins Glen - September
From: Bill Tobin via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 20:42:56 -0400

--------------2FFACF14B9567742630A8C97

Another addition: Letchworth State Park, an hour or so up the road
toward Rochester. Beautiful place, especially in the Fall.

Cheers, Bill

On 3/27/2019 8:12 AM, Brian Schirano via Fot wrote:
> to keep adding to the list.... Hammondsport:
>
> Glenn Curtis museum
> https://www.glennhcurtissmuseum.org/collections.php, design and mfg of
> airplanes WWI and WWII (flying Tigers), motorcycles, bikes, boats, cars
> and
> Dr Frank winery, early producer of Finger lakes Riesling, one of the
> wines for which it's known
>
> ~ 40 minutes door to door from the track

> 26A GT6+, 28 TR6
> Brian Schirano
> 585-305-0349 Cell
> BSchirano@yahoo.com
>

> On Wednesday, March 27, 2019, 12:45:12 AM EDT, Phil Gott via Fot
> <fot@autox.team.net> wrote:
>

> Chris;
> While on the topic of other things to do, you might want to swing by
> Elmira. It claims to be the Soaring (glider) Capital of the World.
> There is a small museum about gliding at the airport.  Usually lots of
> glider activity.
> Also, Corning Glass works has a museum of glass if you are interested.
> Fascinating for technical types. Glass blowing demonstrations too.
> Regard,
> Phil Gott
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Mar 26, 2019, at 4:19 PM, Bill Dentinger via Fot
>
>> Chris...
>>
>> I agree, running Lime Rock would be a great idea.  Bob Wismer and I
>> did Watkins Glen sixteen years in a row, but I only did Lime Rock
>> once.  I love the area.  It is a quaint little cereal bowl of a track
>> in a small valley.  But in a TR8, you could hold your breath during a
>> lap.  They go by quickly.
>>
>> Bill Dentinger.

  <head>
  </head>
      road toward Rochester. Beautiful place, especially in the Fall.</p>
      via Fot wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:640565641.12238277.1553688747422@mail.yahoo.com">
        new roman, new york, times, serif;font-size:16px;">
                href="https://www.glennhcurtissmuseum.org/collections.php";
                rel="nofollow" target="_blank"
moz-do-not-send="true">https://www.glennhcurtissmuseum.org/collections.php</a>,
              design and mfg of airplanes WWI and WWII (flying Tigers),
              motorcycles, bikes, boats, cars</span></div>
            one of the wines for which it's known </div>
            585-305-0349 Cell <br>
            <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:BSchirano@yahoo.com";>BSchirano@yahoo.com</a></div>
        class="ydpa7f676afyahoo_quoted">
          sans-serif;font-size:13px;color:#26282a;">
            via Fot <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:fot@autox.team.net";>&lt;fot@autox.team.net&gt;</a> wrote: </div>
                  want to swing by Elmira. It claims to be the Soaring
                  (glider) Capital of the World. There is a small museum
                  about gliding at the airport.  Usually lots of glider
                  activity.</div>
                  you are interested. Fascinating for technical types.
                  Glass blowing demonstrations too.</div>
                    id="ydpa7f676afyiv2878177750AppleMailSignature">Sent
                    from my iPhone</div>
                    id="ydpa7f676afyiv2878177750yqt94233">
                      On Mar 26, 2019, at 4:19 PM, Bill Dentinger via
                      Fot &lt;<a shape="rect"
                        href="mailto:fot@autox.team.net"; rel="nofollow"
                        target="_blank"
moz-do-not-send="true">fot@autox.team.net</a>&gt;
                      wrote:<br clear="none">
                          color="black">
                          idea.  Bob Wismer and I did Watkins Glen
                          sixteen years in a row, but I only did Lime
                          Rock once.  I love the area.  It is a quaint
                          little cereal bowl of a track in a small
                          valley.  But in a TR8, you could hold your
                          breath during a lap.  They go by quickly.</div>
                          helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black;">-----Original
                          Message-----<br clear="none">
                          From: Mike Harmuth via Fot &lt;<a shape="rect"
                            href="mailto:fot@autox.team.net";
                            rel="nofollow" target="_blank"
                            moz-do-not-send="true">fot@autox.team.net</a>&gt;<br
                            clear="none">
                          To: FoTTriumph &lt;<a shape="rect"
                          Sent: Tue, Mar 26, 2019 1:10 pm<br
                            clear="none">
                          Subject: Re: [Fot] Watkins Glen - September<br
                            clear="none">
                                schedule but the week before, and 5
                                hours away, 2 hours north of New York
                                City, is Lime Rock. They have their
                                Historic Festival the week before The
                                Glen. Many folks do both events. Lime
                                Rock is a great LBC track and the
                                festival is a fun event. Lime Rock is
                                over on Monday, The Glen normally starts
                                on Thursday so you'll have a few days
                                check out the area Boston, (3 hrs other
                                direction), New York City, Finger Lakes.
                                  Spit, looking forward to meeting you.</div>
                                class="ydpa7f676afyiv2878177750gmail_quote">
                                  class="ydpa7f676afyiv2878177750yqt4118274322"
id="ydpa7f676afyiv2878177750yqtfd67273">
                                    class="ydpa7f676afyiv2878177750gmail_attr"
                                    dir="ltr">On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at
                                    1:06 PM Bill Dentinger via Fot &lt;<a
                                      shape="rect"
                                      href="mailto:fot@autox.team.net";
                                      rel="nofollow" target="_blank"

moz-do-not-send="true">fot@autox.team.net</a>&gt;
                                    wrote:<br clear="none">
                                  class="ydpa7f676afyiv2878177750gmail_quote"
                                  style="margin:0px 0px 0px
                                  0.8ex;border-left:1px solid
                                  rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex;">

class="ydpa7f676afyiv2878177750yqt4118274322"
id="ydpa7f676afyiv2878177750yqtfd68173"><font size="2" face="arial"
                                      color="black">
                                      accommodations for the Watkins
                                      Glen September Vintage event early
                                      is critical.  We used to stay at
                                      the Best Western Motel in
                                      Horseheads, New York.  It is about
                                      20-25 minutes from the track, but
                                      we liked it.  It's nice.</div>
                                      bring your wife.  The HERTZ RENT A
                                      WIFE place in Watkins Glen is
                                      terrible.</div>

                                      From: Chris Marx via Fot &lt;<a
                                        shape="rect"

                                      To: fot@autox. team. net &lt;<a

                                      Sent: Tue, Mar 26, 2019 1:07 am<br
                                        clear="none">
                                      Subject: Re: [Fot] Watkins Glen -
                                      September<br clear="none">
                                          clear="none">
                                        people are coming that I know
                                        :-)<br clear="none">
                                        cool hotel to stay....in case a
                                        bring a wife with me.<br
                                          clear="none">
                                        of Peter Bulkowski, a blue TR8.<br
                                          clear="none">
                                          clear="none">
                                          clear="none">
dir="ltr">_______________________________________________<br
                                          clear="none">
                                          href="mailto:fot@autox.team.net";
                                          rel="nofollow" target="_blank"

moz-do-not-send="true">fot@autox.team.net</a><br
                                          clear="none">
                                          href="http://www.fot-racing.com";
                                          rel="nofollow" target="_blank"

moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br
                                          clear="none">
                                          shape="rect"
                                          href="http://www.team.net/donate.html";
                                          rel="nofollow" target="_blank"

moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br
                                          clear="none">
                                          shape="rect"

href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot";
                                          rel="nofollow" target="_blank"

moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot</a><br
                                          clear="none">
                                        <a shape="rect"

href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/billdentin@aol.com";
                                          rel="nofollow" target="_blank"

moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/billdentin@aol.com</a><br
                                          clear="none">
_______________________________________________<br clear="none">
                                    <a shape="rect"
                                      href="mailto:fot@autox.team.net";
                                      rel="nofollow" target="_blank"

moz-do-not-send="true">fot@autox.team.net</a><br
                                      clear="none">
                                    <a shape="rect"
                                      href="http://www.fot-racing.com";
                                      rel="nofollow" target="_blank"

moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br
                                      clear="none">
                                    Donate: <a shape="rect"
                                      href="http://www.team.net/donate.html";
                                      rel="nofollow" target="_blank"

moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br
                                      clear="none">
                                    Archive: <a shape="rect"
                                      href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot";
                                      rel="nofollow" target="_blank"

moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot</a><br
                                      clear="none">
                                    Unsubscribe/Manage: </div>
                                  <a shape="rect"

href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/ofracer@gmail.com";
                                    rel="nofollow" target="_blank"

moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/ofracer@gmail.com</a>

class="ydpa7f676afyiv2878177750yqt4118274322"
id="ydpa7f676afyiv2878177750yqtfd50233"><br clear="none">
                            class="ydpa7f676afyiv2878177750yqt4118274322"

id="ydpa7f676afyiv2878177750yqtfd14595">_______________________________________________<br
                              clear="none">
                            <a shape="rect"
                              href="mailto:fot@autox.team.net";