fot

Re: [Fot] Watkins Glen - September

To: Bill Dentinger <billdentin@aol.com>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Watkins Glen - September
From: Bill Tobin via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 08:05:36 -0400

--------------9FF0C0114271129BA57E71B4

OK, full disclosure: the luckiest I got at Watkins Glen was after the
'68 USGP. I was hanging out by the gate to the Kendall Tech Center where
the cars were kept.

A nicely dressed couple came out and asked me if I'd like to see the
cars. They handed my their pass and in I went. On the way in I helped a
couple guys, crewmen, carry in some equipment. They were crew for Jackie
Stewart, who had just won! They were British and friendly and we chatted
for a bit. Then in walked three guys with a huge champagne bottle. It
was Stewart, Ken Terrell, and Denny Hulme. I was impressed! Stewart
passed the bubbly to the crewman, who in turn asked me if I'd like a
sip. Of course I took a sip. Wow! Talk about being in the right place at
the right time. Didn't have a camera with me, but got all their
autographs. Great memories.

The next summer, I met Oscar Koveleski, and it got more interesting from
there. I met a whole bunch of other people after that.

What, you think I can make this stuff up? Watkins Glen is Mecca to me.
Enjoy it.

At the '68 USGP, I swore that someday I'd race there. It took 39 years,
but in 2007 I did just that, at the Vintage GP. How's that for hanging
in there?

Cheers, Bill

On 3/26/2019 5:36 PM, Bill Dentinger wrote:
> Yeah, Bill
>
> The camping crowd at Watkins Glen is legendary. They've been known to
> have a drink or twenty.  One year their bonfire included somebody's
> car.  As racers, we were treated like celebrities when we would visit
> them at night.  But quite frankly we could not keep up with them.  I
> still have one of their 'Horny Heathen' decals somewhere.
>
> I'm not surprised you had good luck there.  Was she conscious?
>
> Bill Dentinger
> .

  <head>
  </head>
      the '68 USGP. I was hanging out by the gate to the Kendall Tech
      Center where the cars were kept.</p>
      the cars. They handed my their pass and in I went. On the way in I
      helped a couple guys, crewmen, carry in some equipment. They were
      crew for Jackie Stewart, who had just won! They were British and
      friendly and we chatted for a bit. Then in walked three guys with
      a huge champagne bottle. It was Stewart, Ken Terrell, and Denny
      Hulme. I was impressed! Stewart passed the bubbly to the crewman,
      who in turn asked me if I'd like a sip. Of course I took a sip.
      Wow! Talk about being in the right place at the right time. Didn't
      have a camera with me, but got all their autographs. Great
      memories.</p>
      interesting from there. I met a whole bunch of other people after
      that.<br>
      to me. Enjoy it.</p>
      years, but in 2007 I did just that, at the Vintage GP. How's that
      for hanging in there?<br>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:2005510086.11964872.1553636161798@mail.yahoo.com">
          style="font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black">
                They've been known to have a drink or twenty.  One year
                their bonfire included somebody's car.  As racers, we
                were treated like celebrities when we would visit them
                at night.  But quite frankly we could not keep up with
                them.  I still have one of their 'Horny Heathen' decals
                somewhere.</div>
                conscious?</div>
                helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black;">-----Original
                Message-----<br clear="none">
                From: Bill Tobin via Fot <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:fot@autox.team.net";>&lt;fot@autox.team.net&gt;</a><br
                  clear="none">
                        showers and rest room facilities are very good.
                        As opposed to the first time I went there in
                        1968.........</div>
                        had good luck there........!!!</div>
                        id="yiv3336929699yqtfd78940">
                          3/26/2019 11:57 AM, Bill Dentinger via Fot
                          wrote:<br clear="none">
                            face="arial" color="black">Hi
Guys,</font></blockquote>

id="yiv3336929699yqtfd30426">_______________________________________________<br
                    clear="none">
                    rel="nofollow" shape="rect"
                    ymailto="mailto:fot@autox.team.net";
                    moz-do-not-send="true">fot@autox.team.net</a><br
                    clear="none">
                    rel="nofollow" shape="rect"
moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br
                    clear="none">
                  Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html";
                    target="_blank" rel="nofollow" shape="rect"

moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br
                    clear="none">
                  Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot";
                    target="_blank" rel="nofollow" shape="rect"

moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot</a><br
                    clear="none">
                  Unsubscribe/Manage: <a

href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/billdentin@aol.com";
                    target="_blank" rel="nofollow" shape="rect"

moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/billdentin@aol.com</a><br
                    clear="none">

--------------9FF0C0114271129BA57E71B4--

--===============0976991587427979080==