fot

[Fot] SU HS6 problems during hard braking

To: FOT list <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] SU HS6 problems during hard braking
From: Jason Sukey via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2019 20:57:42 -0400

--000000000000e94e1b058d99a173

Hello FOT,
     Running my GT6 at the PVGP historics this weekend.  I've sorted the
braking system and installed new tires since the last time out.  Now that
I'm actually able to brake hard, I'm suffering from what seems to be fuel
flooding, possible sloshing in the float bowls and dumping out the jet into
the intake...

During and immediately after a hard braking zone, the engine goes
completely "off" and I can smell raw fuel.  After a few seconds it clears
out and runs strong in all other conditions, no indication of over rich or
starving for fuel. Starts normally, no issues idling.

Original fuel level in the floats was about 1/8" below the top of the jet.
By reducing the fuel level in the bowls from there, the problem has
somewhat improved, but it's still significant.  Every session I adjust them
a little further, but I'm not sure this is the right fix...maybe a band aid.

Has anyone experienced this with the HS carbs?

Jason Sukey

--000000000000e94e1b058d99a173

VGP historics this weekend.=C2=A0 I&#39;ve sorted the braking system and in=
stalled new tires since the last time out.=C2=A0 Now that I&#39;m actually =
able to brake hard, I&#39;m suffering from what seems to be fuel flooding, =
possible sloshing in the float bowls and dumping out the jet into the intak=
one, the engine goes completely &quot;off&quot; and I can smell raw fuel.=
=C2=A0 After a few seconds it clears out and runs strong in all other condi=
tions, no indication of over rich or starving for fuel. Starts normally, no=
was about 1/8&quot; below the top of the jet.=C2=A0 By reducing the fuel le=
vel in the bowls from there, the problem has somewhat improved, but it&#39;=
s still significant.=C2=A0 Every session I adjust them a little further, bu=

--000000000000e94e1b058d99a173--

--===============3896245694989854504==

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com