fot

Re: [Fot] SU HS6 problems during hard braking

To: Phil Gott <vfracing@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] SU HS6 problems during hard braking
From: Jason Sukey via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2019 21:17:43 -0400
Cc: FOT list <fot@autox.team.net>

--000000000000c3b9a8058d99e943

Phil, I'm running 2 psi.  My fuel pressure gauge stays consistent during
the entire run.

Thanks,
Jason

On Sat, Jul 13, 2019, 9:15 PM Phil Gott <vfracing@aol.com> wrote:

> Jason;
> What sort of Fuel pressure are you running? Should be 1 1/2 to 3 psi,
> although a Spitfire driver and I run 6 with no apparent ill effect. More
> than that could be causing you some of this problem.
> Phil Gott
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Jul 13, 2019, at 8:57 PM, Jason Sukey via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hello FOT,
> >      Running my GT6 at the PVGP historics this weekend.  I've sorted the
> braking system and installed new tires since the last time out.  Now that
> I'm actually able to brake hard, I'm suffering from what seems to be fuel
> flooding, possible sloshing in the float bowls and dumping out the jet into
> the intake...
> >
> > During and immediately after a hard braking zone, the engine goes
> completely "off" and I can smell raw fuel.  After a few seconds it clears
> out and runs strong in all other conditions, no indication of over rich or
> starving for fuel. Starts normally, no issues idling.
> >
> > Original fuel level in the floats was about 1/8" below the top of the
> jet.  By reducing the fuel level in the bowls from there, the problem has
> somewhat improved, but it's still significant.  Every session I adjust them
> a little further, but I'm not sure this is the right fix...maybe a band aid.
> >
> > Has anyone experienced this with the HS carbs?
> >
> > Jason Sukey

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/vfracing@aol.com

--000000000000c3b9a8058d99e943

=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sat, Jul 13, 2019=
, 9:15 PM Phil Gott &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:vfracing@aol.com";>vfracing@aol.co=
:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Jason;<br>
What sort of Fuel pressure are you running? Should be 1 1/2 to 3 psi, altho=
ugh a Spitfire driver and I run 6 with no apparent ill effect. More than th=
at could be causing you some of this problem.<br>
Phil Gott<br>
Sent from my iPhone<br>
&gt; On Jul 13, 2019, at 8:57 PM, Jason Sukey via Fot &lt;<a href=3D"mailto=
:fot@autox.team.net" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">fot@autox.team.ne=
t</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Hello FOT,<br>
&gt;=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 Running my GT6 at the PVGP historics this weekend.=
=C2=A0 I&#39;ve sorted the braking system and installed new tires since the=
 last time out.=C2=A0 Now that I&#39;m actually able to brake hard, I&#39;m=
 suffering from what seems to be fuel flooding, possible sloshing in the fl=
oat bowls and dumping out the jet into the intake...<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; During and immediately after a hard braking zone, the engine goes comp=
letely &quot;off&quot; and I can smell raw fuel.=C2=A0 After a few seconds =
it clears out and runs strong in all other conditions, no indication of ove=
r rich or starving for fuel. Starts normally, no issues idling.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Original fuel level in the floats was about 1/8&quot; below the top of=
 the jet.=C2=A0 By reducing the fuel level in the bowls from there, the pro=
blem has somewhat improved, but it&#39;s still significant.=C2=A0 Every ses=
sion I adjust them a little further, but I&#39;m not sure this is the right=
 fix...maybe a band aid.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Has anyone experienced this with the HS carbs?=C2=A0 <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Jason Sukey<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>