fot

Re: [Fot] SU HS6 problems during hard braking

To: FOT list <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] SU HS6 problems during hard braking
From: Jason Sukey via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2019 18:56:52 -0400

--000000000000ef04a7058dac0ffd

Thanks for all the advice on my carburetor issues.  I checked all the vent
tubes for blockage and needle valves for sticking, all is well there.
Today i tried rotating the rear float lid 120 degrees.  This fixed the
flooding during hard braking 100%.... Now it floods out turning left.  I'm
fairly certain that i can fix it all once i swap the rear float cover to
one that has the ideal orientation (to match what i currently have on the
front).  Front carb has the pivot swing front to rear with the pivot pin at
the front of the car.

Jason

On Sat, Jul 13, 2019, 8:57 PM Jason Sukey <jsukey@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello FOT,
>      Running my GT6 at the PVGP historics this weekend.  I've sorted the
> braking system and installed new tires since the last time out.  Now that
> I'm actually able to brake hard, I'm suffering from what seems to be fuel
> flooding, possible sloshing in the float bowls and dumping out the jet into
> the intake...
>
> During and immediately after a hard braking zone, the engine goes
> completely "off" and I can smell raw fuel.  After a few seconds it clears
> out and runs strong in all other conditions, no indication of over rich or
> starving for fuel. Starts normally, no issues idling.
>
> Original fuel level in the floats was about 1/8" below the top of the
> jet.  By reducing the fuel level in the bowls from there, the problem has
> somewhat improved, but it's still significant.  Every session I adjust them
> a little further, but I'm not sure this is the right fix...maybe a band aid.
>
> Has anyone experienced this with the HS carbs?
>
> Jason Sukey

--000000000000ef04a7058dac0ffd

I checked all the vent tubes for blockage and needle valves for sticking, a=
ll is well there.<div dir=3D"auto">Today i tried rotating the rear float li=
d 120 degrees.=C2=A0 This fixed the flooding during hard braking 100%.... N=
ow it floods out turning left.=C2=A0 I&#39;m fairly certain that i can fix =
it all once i swap the rear float cover to one that has the ideal orientati=
on (to match what i currently have on the front).=C2=A0 Front carb has the =
pivot swing front to rear with the pivot pin at the front of the car.</div>=
ukey &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:jsukey@gmail.com";>jsukey@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote=
:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;bor=
der-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div dir=3D"ltr">Hello FOT,<div>=
=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0Running my GT6 at the PVGP historics this weekend.=C2=
=A0 I&#39;ve sorted the braking system and installed new tires since the la=
st time out.=C2=A0 Now that I&#39;m actually able to brake hard, I&#39;m su=
ffering from what seems to be fuel flooding, possible sloshing in the float=
During and immediately after a hard braking zone, the engine goes completel=
y &quot;off&quot; and I can smell raw fuel.=C2=A0 After a few seconds it cl=
ears out and runs strong in all other conditions, no indication of over ric=
div><div>Original fuel level in the floats was about 1/8&quot; below the to=
p of the jet.=C2=A0 By reducing the fuel level in the bowls from there, the=
 problem has somewhat improved, but it&#39;s still significant.=C2=A0 Every=
 session I adjust them a little further, but I&#39;m not sure this is the r=

--000000000000ef04a7058dac0ffd--

--===============6568283791176674772==

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com