fot

[Fot] Girling caliper seals TR/GT6

To: FOT list <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Girling caliper seals TR/GT6
From: Jason Sukey via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2019 10:01:41 -0400

--00000000000001ae14058e1d4936

After two race weekends I have a leaky Girling 16pb caliper- Before the
season, i rebuilt them with new pistons and seals, paying attention to
carefully clean everything including the seal groves before assembly.  The
seal kit i used was branded TRW, Pistons are nitrided steel. Motul RBF600
fluid.
Could just be a fluke.....
Is there a particular brand of seals that hold up better to racing use?

What sort of service life are others getting in-between rebuilds?

Jason

--00000000000001ae14058e1d4936

er- Before the season, i rebuilt them with new pistons and seals, paying at=
tention to carefully clean everything including the seal groves before asse=
mbly.=C2=A0 The seal kit i used was branded TRW, Pistons are nitrided steel=
. Motul RBF600 fluid.<div dir=3D"auto">Could just be a fluke.....</div><div=
 dir=3D"auto"><div dir=3D"auto">Is there a particular brand of seals that h=
div dir=3D"auto">What sort of service life are others getting in-between re=

--00000000000001ae14058e1d4936--

--===============4377690678439977522==

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com